My hair has been feeling rough and dry lately. Even though I follow the same regiman of moisturizing every day and deep conditioning every week. It doesn't seem to matter what products I use or that I use a clarifing shampoo weekly.
After researching on the net, I believe it's because of hard water. This is only because I moved to a new place earlier this year, and after a couple of months of using the water I noticed I significant change in my hair.
Here are some effects of hard water on the hair:
- Hair feels dry
- Hair is resistant to color or perming
- Dandruff or eczema of the scalp
- Dry, flaky skin
- Thinning hair
- Colors fading too quickly
- Perms appearing to fall out
- Discoloration or darkening of hair
- Hair lacks body and shine
To combat my hard water problem I have purchase a shower filtration system from Dupont.
DuPont™ In-Line Shower Filtration System – SS1050CH Series
- Includes chrome shower head with filter cartridge that lasts up 6 months
- Reduces odor, arsenic, chlorine and scale
- Comes with a 60-day limited warranty
For more information on hard water please visit malibuc.com